LET'S HAVE A LOOK OUT OF SUBJECT BOX
DEAR VISITORS! THIS IS THE FOURTH, THE LAST PART OF OUR PROJECT.
HOMEPAGE IS DEDICATED TO THEME BASED PERIOD "EUROPE" ACTIVITIES. INFORMATION ABOUT ACTIVITIES IS DIFFERENT FROM PREVIOUS ONES BECAUSE OF MOVING BIG PART OF PROJECT LIFE INTO VIRTUAL SPACE. OPEN THE LINKS AND ENJOY "EUROPE" ACTIVITIES!
YOU CAN FIND "HUMAN BODY", "WATER" AND "SPACE" ACTIVITIES IN "EARLIER ACTIVITIES" PAGE. IT IS PRESENTED OLD WAY.
PROJECT PARTNERS ARE HAPPY AND PROUD TO SHARE THEM WITH YOU.
SHORTLY ABOUT PROJECT
Sometimes teachers understand teaching just as transferring of the knowledge; there is a lack of teamwork skills, no connections between knowledge and real life, no alternatives, conflict between national curriculums and declared innovation ideas. Teaching is focused on the results of formal evaluation: grades, levels, etc. It does not meet contemporary needs as it does not develop competencies that today's children of primary age will need for creative solving problems and meeting future challenges. One more issue - understanding importance of diversity and possibility to use it as advantage in education. All partner schools are interested in theme based education and are trying it in practice. There are succesfull episodes, but for developing working system, partners need more theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
* Organizing theme based learning periods, based on later mentioned themes in all partners' schools.
* Observing of theme based (integrated) learning process at partner's school and assisting teachers.
* Creating online toolboxes for themes "Human body", "Water", "Space" "Europe".
1. Practical "hard" part for work in class connecting all teaching subjects:
- Activity list for pupils
- Activity plans
- Activity instructions
- ICT instruments and links
- Evaluating instruments
- Any other things using in class for current theme
2. Theoretical "soft" part for preparing working in class, planing:
- Description of objectives of activities
- Ways of organizing cooperative learning
- Recomendations for involving parents and members of community.
- Possible challenges and problems
- Preparing environment for theme
- Alternative teaching resources (resources outside the school)
- Desription of possible evaluating ways and methods
- Using diversity as resource
* Sharing toolbox materials and observation impressions with local teachers and online